Cara-Friend received a generous grant from Belfast City Council to build capacity within LGB&T groups in Belfast. This has allowed Cara-Friend to provide training, advice & support to ensure local LGB&T groups are capable of developing the skills and knowledge of their volunteers and staff.
The Community Development Officer will liaise with LGB&T groups across Belfast by providing training and support to their staff and volunteers to build their own capacity. This will be through: communication training, governance training, funding advice & support.
Professional networking sessions will be facilitated to develop partnerships and joint working to ensure the community groups continue to thrive. The inclusion programme element of the funding will see Car-Friend engage with local LGB&T groups to ensure that mainstream service providers are identifying barriers and ensuring services are open and accessible to their LGB&T service users.
This funding has allowed Cara-Friend to increase their presence with a variety of strategic bodies, working groups and networks throughout Northern Ireland. Cara-Friend have representations on:
- NI LGB&T Sub Group hosted by CYPSP (Children & Young People Strategic Partnership)
- All Party Group on Mental Health hosted by Secretariat – Mindwise
- NI Anti-Bullying Forum hosted by NIABF
- Helplines Network hosted by PHA (Public Health Authority)
- LGB&T Regional Children and Young People’s Sub Group hosted by PHA (Public Health Authority)
- NI LGB&T Consultative Forum hosted by The Rainbow Project
- All Party Group on Children and Young People hosted by CINI (Children in Northern Ireland)
- Child Sexual Exploitation Young Males Working Group hosted by Barnardos
- Gender Advisory Panel hosted by OFMdFM
If you would like to avail of any of this training or support or attend any of the public workshops please contact Adam Murray on firstname.lastname@example.org or 028 90890202